The 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
Founded in 2022, the FOOMA Award aims to stimulate food machinery technological research and development and disseminate that technology. Its goal is to spread awareness of excellent machinery and equipment, to promote productivity, resolve labor shortages and contribute to development of new food products, thereby playing a part in improving food culture and food safety. The 2nd FOOMA Award will be held in 2023 for FOOMA JAPAN 2023 exhibitors.
An exhibition corner will be set up at the FOOMA JAPAN 2023 venue to show the products nominated for the Grand Prize. Each award will be determined on the first day of the exhibition, and the award-winning products will be unveiled at the FOOMA Award 2023 corner on the second day of the exhibition.
The Grand Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
The Grand Prize
E4 Hall 4L-23
- 2-30 Saijonishihonmachi, Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8602
Belt Optical Sorter
Through X-rays and AI, it identifies and accurately sorts partially thinned or worm-eaten raw materials.
- An optical sorter is a device that uses compressed air to remove defective products such as colored and foreign matter from raw materials such as cereals and nuts.
- In addition to the conventional machine’s visible light and near-infrared band, it uses X-ray band data to cover appearance, composition, and interior view with one unit.
- The X-ray sorting process utilizes AI, to identify and accurately sort partially thin or worm-eaten raw materials.
2023 FOOMA Award Special Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
FOOMA Award Special Prize
E4 Hall 4K-10
SUZUMO MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- Nakano Central Park East 6F, 4-10-1 Nakano, Nakano, Tokyo 164-0001
Feeder Line of Rice Filler Container
(Line of Rice Filler (ESM-RSB) and Container Feeder (ESM-CSC))
Completed at the push of a button. Designed to save labor in the food industry, it supports a variety of “conditions of rice” and “container shapes”.
- Rice feeder (ESM-RSB) and container feeder (ESM-OSC) lines
- A device that places cooked rice in bento boxes.
- Automation of rice serving previously done by hand.
- Compatible with containers of various shapes, sizes and material.
- Rice servings are tailored to the container shape.
- Each machine part is automatically adjusted by using a touch panel to choose and switch between types of lunchbox.
- It gently serves the rice using a flexible measuring container and precision blade that doesn’t damage the rice grains.
- Food waste is reduced with high weighing accuracy by preventing occurrence of non-standard products.
The Excellence Prizeof 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
The Excellence Prize
E4 Hall 4L-01
- 2-13 Aketa-cho, Takatsuki, Osaka 569-0806
UV Laser Printer for Packaging Film (FP-1000 Series)
UV Laser Printer for Packaging Film
Consumables cost zero Downtime zero Faded print zero
- Daily consumable costs are zero, as ink ribbons are not used. Moreover, downtime that conventionally occurred from changing ribbons, etc. is zero, which has helped increase production rates.
- We can have print that never disappears even if it comes into contact with water, powder, oil, etc. in the pre-printing process; with boiling water
or alcohol in the post-printing process; or is chafed during transportation, etc.
- Realizes the same ultra-compact head as a conventional thermal printer.
This UV laser printer can, of course, be applied for the same packaging film you have previously been using.
E7 Hall 7K-25
CONNECTED ROBOTICS INC.
- 5-4-1 Kajino-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-0002
Deli Filler Robot
The first robot in the delicatessen industry to support automation by grasping a fixed amount of irregularly-shaped items and arranging them on a tray.
- A robot that supports the delicatessen industry plating process, where productivity is lower than other food sectors and automation has been slow to catch on.
- It automates preparation by measuring a pre-determined weight of irregularly shaped foodstuffs like potato salad or hijiki seaweed, before grasping them and arranging them on product trays.
- Components can be swapped in minutes to serve different types of dish, and one robot can arrange a variety of side dishes on different-sized trays.
- Taking up the same room as one person, it can do the work of more than one person.
E4 Hall 4M-18
SHINAGAWA MACHINERY WORKS CO., LTD.
- 508 Yao, Tawaramoto-cho, Shiki-gun, Nara 636-0311
Auto-Navi Vacuum Cooler (FCG/FCD-100AN)
A device that emulates the ideal cooling temperature to vacuum cool heated products.
- We have developed and improved the auto-navigator cooling system, which aims to vacuum cool any foodstuff, via “smart vacuum cooling.”
- It can control the boiling point of food products considered unsuitable for vacuum cooling, such as liquids and cooked rice, whose deterioration and texture are a problem when vacuum cooling.
- In addition, installation on a pass-through type equipment with automatic ingredient transporting feature is possible, since it automates the conventionally manually handled vacuum cooling process.
E6 Hall 6D-61
NAKAI MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- 1009-3 Ukizuka, Yashio, Saitama 340-0835
Hot Mix with Automatic Distributor (THM-100, Head Lifting Type with Whipping Sensor)
Vertical Mixer for Food
Automatic vertical food mixer equipped with a sensor that can measure product temperature and relative density in real time and an automatic weighing and feeding device.
- The relative density and temperature of the sponge dough can be measured in real time by a whisk sensor without stopping the machine.
- The machine operates automatically by targeting the relative density and temperature of the product.
- Its IH heater enables precise temperature regulation and control. No need for additional equipment, such as a burner.
- Its automatic weighing and feeding device can measure and deposit a pre-set weight of dough into a bowl.
- It can be programed for each product, which prevents inconsistencies in timings.
- The work of weighing, adding and mixing ingredients, and assessing the end product, can be done in one process with no expertise needed.
E4 Hall 4C-01
HIRANO WORKS CO., LTD.
- B-4 Yako Industrial Park, Sakae-machi, Imba-gun, Chiba 270-1501
Automatic Pineapple Cutter (PT-AUTO)
Peeler, Corer, and Both Ends Cutter for Pineapple
Cuts 1 pineapple in about 5 seconds. A fully-automated machine that can peel, core and cut the ends off a pineapple in 3 stages with one unit.
- It helps save labor by automating work once done in 2 processes by 3 or more people to 1 process by 1 person.
- It greatly increases production by processing about 720 pineapples per hour (1 pineapple in about 5 seconds).
- Equipped with blades that were developed, designed and manufactured in-house, and honed to perfection.
- It performs a simple operation with safety considerations, such as installation of a light curtain, taken into account.
- The blade size can be adjusted to the size of fruit, or to the presence or absence of a core in the cut fruit, meeting specific customer demands.
- This outstanding technology was patented in 2022 for its novelty and invention.
Judging Committee Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2022
Judging Committee Prize
E7 Hall 7R-28
ISHIDA CO., LTD.
- 959-1 SHIMOMAGARI RITTO SHIGA 520-3026 JAPAN 520-3026
Automatic Case Packer(ACP-722)
E3 Hall 3L-51
Shikoku Kakoki Co., Ltd.
- NX-Ningyocho Bldg. 4F 2-26-5 Nihonbashi Ningyocho Chuoku Tokyo Japan 103-0013
Blow fill system for small PET bottles(SB series)
E3 Hall 3K-55
- 4-2-12, Yurigaoka, Umi-machi kasuya-gun, Fukuoka 811-2108
Long Through Oven(LIMOUSINE)
E3 Hall 3K-69
TSUKASA INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 178 Nakauma-cho, Handa-city, Aichi, JAPAN 475-8550
Divider Scale Hybrid Model/CE Model(DSC-DP-25/50-200-CE)
E6 Hall 6M-62
NIPPON CAREER INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 980-5 Higashihabu-machi, Matsuyama-city, Ehime 791-8043
Mince Packer Line(FMG-307P/157P・MI-001・VC-301A・TC-093・MP-117)
E5 Hall 5J-33
HITEC CO., LTD. HEAD OFFICE
- 2565-8 NAGATSUTA-CHO, MIDORIKU, YOKOHAMA, 226-0026, JAPAN 226-0026
VARIABLE LOOP INTERVAL STICKING DEVICE
E5 Hall 5F-37
Burkert JAPAN Ltd.
- 1-12-15 Suido, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0005
SAW (Type8098 FLOWave)
E4 Hall 4D-10
- Nihombashi Kato Bldg. 8F, 2-1-14, Nihombashi, Chuoh-ku, Tokyo 103-0027 Japan 103-0027
Mohno Pump hygienicseries(NHLA)
E5 Hall 5K-28
YANAGIYA MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- 189-18 Yoshiwa, Ube-shi, Yamaguchi JAPAN 759-0134
STEAM OVEN(EQYB series)
E2 Hall 2C-30
Yamamoto Vinita Co., Ltd.
- 6-3-12, Ueshio, Tennoji-ku, Osaka 543-0002 Japan 543-0002
E5 Hall 5M-37
WATANABE FOODMACH CO., LTD.
- 2-12-26 Tsuyuhashi, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, JAPAN 454-8527
Chilled Dicer (WHS-CD160)
FOOMA Award Past Recipients
FOOMA Award Overview
||Founded in 2022, the FOOMA Award aims to stimulate food machinery technological research and development and disseminate that technology. Its goal is to spread awareness of excellent machinery and equipment, to promote productivity, resolve labor shortages and contribute to development of new food products, thereby playing a part in improving food culture and food safety. The 2nd FOOMA Award will be held in 2023 for FOOMA JAPAN 2023 exhibitors.
||Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association
||FOOMA JAPAN exhibitors that manufacture the submitted products
||Machinery, equipment, and production lines for manufacturing food products
Related machinery incorporated into food production lines
Instrumentation and ancillary equipment in the food manufacturing process
Various systems to support food production
|Type of Award
||Grand Prize, Excellence Prize, FOOMA Award Judging Committee Prize
||FOOMA Award Judging Committee consisting of experts