1. FOOMA JAPAN 2018 booth types
- There will be 14 types of booth to choose from, from Type A (7.5㎡) to Type O (337.5㎡)
- Up to four Type P booths will be available, and priority will be given to regular members (excluding organization members)
|A||7.5m²||3.0 ｍ||×||2.5 ｍ|
|B||15.0m²||6.0 ｍ||×||2.5 ｍ|
|C||22.5m²||9.0 ｍ||×||2.5 ｍ|
|D||30.0m²||6.0 ｍ||×||5.0 ｍ|
|E||45.0m²||9.0 ｍ||×||5.0 ｍ|
|F||60.0m²||12.0 ｍ||×||5.0 ｍ|
|G||67.5m²||9.0 ｍ||×||7.5 ｍ|
|H||90.0m²||12.0 ｍ||×||7.5 ｍ|
|J||120.0m²||12.0 ｍ||×||10.0 ｍ|
|K||150.0m²||15.0 ｍ||×||10.0 ｍ|
|L||187.5m²||15.0 ｍ||×||12.5 ｍ|
|M||225.0m²||18.0 ｍ||×||12.5 ｍ|
|N||262.5m²||21.0 ｍ||×||12.5 ｍ|
|O||337.5m²||27.0 ｍ||×||12.5 ｍ|
|P||412.5m²||33.0 ｍ||×||12.5 ｍ|
Booth Types' figure
- Types E - K
- *Partition walls are installed on the thick lines in the drawing.
The detailed dimension of the partition walls will be provided later in an exhibitor manual.
- *Types E‒K generally open on two sides (corner booths). The sides that are open vary according to the positioning of the booths.
- *Partition walls are installed on the thick lines in the drawing.
- Types L - O
- *Types L‒O generally open on three sides, and partition walls are placed between adjacent booths. The open sides may vary according to the positioning of the booths.
- *When positioned on the truck yard side, the booth is provided with no partition walls installed. Depending on the exhibition hall layout and construction structure, the shape of booths may be irregular, but the square meterage will correspond with that of the booth type. Given the structure of the exhibition hall, there may be a gas pipe outlet in your booth.
2. Exhibition fees
|Type||Booth fee||Sales tax||Total|
Included in exhibition fee
- Exhibit space
- Partition walls (Octanorm system panels)
*N.B. Partition walls are not installed in booths positioned on the truck yard side
- Works for installation of single-phase electric cable of up to 100 V/0.3 kW
- Works for construction and maintenance of shared facilities
- Advertising (posters, invitations, etc.)
- Visitor services
- Safety management, personnel, security, etc.
Not included in exhibition fee
- Decoration and management of your company's exhibit space
- Cost of secondary works and usage charges within your company's exhibit space for electricity, water supply and drainage, gas, and air
- Premiums for damage insurance covering your own exhibited products, equipment, etc.
- Expenses related to personal injury, property damage, etc., occurring during exhibition, demonstration, or carriage of products
- Expenses for repair of exhibit decorations, etc., required by law or by the Exhibit Requirements
1) Application period
|Members of The Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association|
|Regular members||Thursday, September 14, 2017 -Post marked no later than Wednesday, October 4, 2017|
|Supporting members||Thursday, October 5, 2017 -Post marked no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017|
|Others||Wednesday, November 1, 2017 -Post marked no later than Tuesday, November 21, 2017|
2) Receipt of applications
In anticipation of possible problems affecting delivery of your application form, please use some method of verifying the delivery status.
Applications by telephone, fax, e-mail, or in-person submission cannot be accepted.
3) Decision on applications
Acceptance of application is proved by sending you the receipt of acceptance from the Secretariat with its approval seal.
4) Send applications to
FOOMA JAPAN Secretariat
3F FOOMA Bldg., 3-19-20 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023
4. Corner booth spaces
5. Joint exhibits
A joint exhibit refers to cases in which one exhibiting company submits an application and multiple companies use the exhibit space together. The company that makes such an application must, when applying, notify the Secretariat of the names of the companies participating in the joint exhibit, and comply with the following conditions.
- The organizer must be able to determine clearly that the exhibit space is the applicant company's booth.
- The exhibit space must not be divided up and configured into independent parts.
(If that were to occur, the space concerned would be deemed to have been sublet, resold, or transferred.)
- Drawings must be submitted in advance and approved by the Secretariat.
The names of the companies participating in joint exhibits will be posted in official publications and the official website as ancillary to the applicant company. Items distributed or provided to exhibiting companies will be provided to the applicant only.
*Some exhibitors apply independently but request booths adjacent to each other, in which case the total exhibit space will be subject to the limitations described above in section 1 (FOOMA JAPAN 2018 booth types).
In these cases, when each exhibitor applies it must indicate in its application form the booth type for the combined booth units, the number of square meters for that company's booth only (a multiple of 7.5 square meters), and the company's portion of the exhibition fees calculated on the basis of the number of square meters it will use.
The above requests may only be made by fellow regular members, fellow supporting members, and fellow nonmembers for which the application period is the same.
6. Deadline for payment of the exhibition fee
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
7. Bank transfers
Account name :
The Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association
FOOMA Bldg., 3-19-20 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023
Account number :
Ordinary account #795164
Mizuho Bank, Shimbashi Branch
8. Basic application condition
All exhibitors shall agree with the purpose for which FOOMA JAPAN is being organized and shall not be permitted to exhibit any items not specified in the column of the application form in which the products to be exhibited are specified.
9. Exhibit items (products, technologies, services)
All items exhibited must conform to the purpose for which FOOMA JAPAN is being organized. Used products and imitation products may not be exhibited. All items (products, technologies, services) to be exhibited must be specified on the application form. At the time applications are made, the organizer may screen exhibitors and exhibit items, and if they are found not to comply with the aims of the exhibition, the applications concerned may be deferred or rejected without explanation as to the reasons.
10. Invoicing and payment of the exhibition fees
The organizer will send each exhibiting company an invoice for the exhibition fee after their applications are officially accepted.
The exhibiting companies will transfer the exhibition fees to the organizer's designated bank account by Wednesday, January 31, 2018, bank transfer fees being borne by the exhibiting company.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel acceptance of an application and reject the exhibit of the exhibiting company concerned in the event that payment of the exhibition fee is not confirmed by the payment deadline. In that event, a cancellation fee will be charged for the cancellation of the application.
11. Cancellation of the exhibit application
- 1. If an exhibitor cancels its exhibit for its own reasons, a cancellation fee will be charged as specified below.
- A cancellation fee shall be calculated on the basis of the day that a written notice of cancellation of an exhibit is received.
- Exhibit cancellation fees:
|Date of receipt of written cancellation notice||Penalty (percentage of exhibition fee)|
|By Friday, December 1, 2017||50%|
|Saturday, December 2, 2017,
to Wednesday, January 31, 2018
|On or after Thursday, Febrary 1, 2018||100%|
*If an exhibiting company that is allocated at a corner booth cancels its exhibit after an announcement of corner booth allocation in the exhibitor orientation, the cancellation fee will be invoiced including the corner booth fee.
- If an exhibiting company has not yet paid the relevant amount as specified above, it must pay it promptly. If an exhibiting company has already paid an amount that exceeds the relevant amount specified above, the excess amount shall be refunded by the organizer.
- If an exhibiting company is in serious violation of the Exhibit Rules, either prior to the start of the exhibition or during the course thereof, or if its exhibit application form contains false information, or if it exhibits something other than registered items, the Secretariat may cancel its exhibit immediately and charge a cancellation fee.
12. Changing the type of exhibit space
The type of exhibit space cannot be changed after submitting your exhibit application.
13. Determination of the location of exhibit space
- The organizer decides on the positioning of exhibit spaces after considering the products and services for exhibit, exhibit size, past record, whether demonstrations will be given, etc.
- The Secretariat has the right to change the location of exhibit space (venue layout) for the convenience of exhibition visitors or for the purpose of enhancing the impact of exhibits or of complying with relevant laws and regulations, and for that purpose to reallocate exhibit space. In that event, exhibitors may not claim compensation for changes to the location of exhibit space.
14. Prohibition of the resale, etc., of exhibit space
15. Restrictions on the height of exhibited products
16. On-site demonstrations
- Operations or demonstrations that entail the use of open flames or hazardous substances can only be conducted in booths or designated places after prior permission from the Fukagawa Fire Department has been obtained.
- If electricity, gas, water supply and drainage, etc., are necessary, please apply for them in the prescribed form distributed at the exhibitor orientation session.
17. On-site sales of exhibited products
Exhibitors who wish to sell any exhibited products at their booths should state that in their application forms and must report details of their implementation, etc., plans in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to the Secretariat. Sales may only be conducted with the approval of the Secretariat.
18. Arrangement and removal of exhibit items
- The installation of items to be exhibited in the venue must be conducted within the time period to be notified later by the Secretariat. The positioning of exhibit items in exhibit spaces must be completed by 16:00 on the day immediately preceding the start of the exhibition. If exhibitors do not occupy their exhibit space by the time specified above, the Secretariat will have the right to deem that to constitute a cancellation of the contract and to use the place concerned in any manner it considers appropriate. In that event, the exhibitors shall pay a cancellation fee to the organizer for cancellation as of that same day.
- Exhibitors must obtain the prior approval of the Secretariat when taking out, moving, and bringing in exhibit items during the exhibition period.
- Exhibit items and decorations, etc., in exhibit spaces must be removed within the time period to be notified later by the Secretariat. Items not removed by that time will be removed by the Secretariat at the exhibitors' expense.
19. Use of the exhibition hall
- All demonstrations and other publicity activities shall be conducted within exhibit spaces only, and all exhibitors shall be responsible for ensuring that demonstrations and other publicity activities do not cause aisles close to their exhibit spaces to become congested.
- Fixtures that may obstruct or interfere with adjoining exhibit spaces are not to be fitted by any means. If a complaint is made from an adjoining space, and the Secretariat judges that it is essential to make changes from the perspective of the management of the exhibition, the exhibitor in the exhibit space concerned shall consent to the change.
- The Secretariat has the right to restrict exhibit items deemed to be problematic for reasons such as sound emitted, mode of operation, or materials, and to prohibit or remove exhibit items that from the Secretariat's perspective are not compatible with the aims of the exhibition. This power encompasses people, items, acts, printed matter, and everything else of a nature that the Secretariat considers problematic.
- In the event that the above-mentioned restriction or removal occurs, the organizer shall bear no responsibility for making any repayments whatsoever to the exhibitor concerned for exhibition cost or exhibition fee guarantee, etc., or any other exhibition costs.
20. Management of exhibit items and disclaimer
With regard to the management and maintenance of exhibit items, the Secretariat will take the greatest possible care to prevent incidents, including by means of the stationing of security guards, but shall bear no responsibility for loss or damage arising from any cause.
21. Compensation for damage
In the event of damage or injury to fixtures or fittings or the structure of the exhibition hall or to persons, etc., as a result of negligence on the part of exhibitors or their agents, the said exhibitors shall bear full liability therefor.
22. Suspension of the exhibition
In the event that the land or buildings housing the exhibition become unfit to permit entry, or that the holding of the exhibition is blocked or impeded by legitimate force majeure, the organizer may at its own discretion decide to change the exhibition period or to suspend it. The organizer shall bear no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost increase, or other disadvantageous outcome that may result from such a decision.
23. Compliance with the rules and regulations
The making of an exhibition application implies agreement to comply with the Exhibit Requirements and all decoration, safety and other regulations set out in the exhibitors' manual.